Skip to main content

Horus Heresy Event Pics - Skulls October 2018

Hey my dudes,

I played at our bi-anually held 'Skulls' Heresy event on the weekend, I didn't get a whole heap of pictures as I always seemed to go full time in my games while we rolled dice and had a good fun bit of banter. It was the most low key iteration of this event I've been to so far, players were largely allowed to choose their game style, points level and table theme and just get after it each round.

Game 1

I ended up playing a great 1500pt opening game against one of the young bloods, Pat. He was running Iron Hands and the scenario basically had my forces ambushed and deployed in a random fashion with a D6 sending them to one of six 24" squares. I managed to intercept a few things at the right time to give me some breathing room but I had a really hard time hurting his troops and walkers with the -1 to the shooting strength of my weapons. I ended up running away with the victory though in the end, having so many troops who were able to capture the objectives on the table while Pat's super resilient Contemptors couldn't quite hold what they had clearly owned all game.

Game 2

My second game was against another top bloke, Jia. Jia and Pat actually came up to the event together with Sam (who I play in the final game), the boys drove 400km to make the event and are all champions for the effort to come along and their casual good bloke play styles.

Jia and I played using the same 1500pt Centurion forces of our first game, but threw in on top of that a brace of Knights that were essentially a mirror of each other. Jia brought his Porhpyrion, a Castigator and a Lancer while I had a Porphyrion, a Castigator and an Atrapos. The game went to 5 turns with both Porphyrions still on the table and laying waste to everything human sized. Jia's was limping on 1 hull point but mine managed to make it out of the battle unscathed. While it was a runaway victory due to the numerous objectives in game 1, this one was bloody close, I managed to hold one objective and Jia got first blood so it was only 3-1 in the end despite a massive 4 Superheavy kills total.

Game 3

My final game for the day was a 1500pt, Centurion-spec 2v2 with my partner in war-crimes, Jack, versus the loyalist dogs Sam and Ken. Jack had a brutal close combat heavy World Eaters army, Sam brought a stripped back version of his finely tunes Ultramarines force and Ken brought some super vicious and insanely gorgeous Sons of Horus Black Shields.

Jack managed to seize the first turn for us and the combination of his Deredeo and my Shooty force managed to strip a few key units out of the line of the loyalists while Jack's infantry and walkers pressed the action into the centre of the table. The loyalists ripped back though and quickly thinned the world eater lines while also pressing forward. As soon as the lines met there was bulk carnage to be had with units quickly deleting each other! Ken's Black Shields were wayyyyyyy tougher than I'd imagined with Strength and Toughness 5 across the board and some key Apothecary support, they kicked our teeth in pretty badly as they moved across the table!

In the end we'd done enough though, Jack's insane close combat damage output combined well with my long ranged fire support and the loyalists called the game on maybe turn 5? I actually realised as I typed this that I played the same 1500pt army all day in all 3 formats despite the different formats and additions of super heavies.

Game 3 ZM

Game 3 Apocalypse

While we played game 3 in a 2v2 Centurion force outdoors, there was another 2v2 Zone Mortalis between White Scars and Space Wolves vs Alpha Legion and Dark Angels. The rest of the players banded together on a 12x6' table to play out a big apocalypse game.

It was a top event with some really cool missions and I'm super grateful to have a community where I can get great games in against good blokes with lovely fully painted armies on the regular. Can't wait for the next one in March!

More pics can be found in this gallery:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lZTNFT_pFeAUrK_POeaZ83YhCY7x7CwH

Thanks for checking in,
Jackie


Comments

Goddenzilla said…
Excellent coverage! Loving everything on those tables too - those Lucius pattern Warhounds are absolutely beautiful! :)
Fantastic boards and armies there!

Popular posts from this blog

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think! House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion

Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13.

Next up, the Princeps Senoris of my favourite maniple style in the game, the Ferrox! Princeps Senoris Agdex is a lead from the front type homie. He has a flair for destruction and more often than not, his Assault Reaver Titan - Mors Miles isn't spared from copping it either. I play Mors Miles and it's matching counterpart Atro Messorum quite aggressively, often pushing the two up together then rotating the lead titan so they can share the damage taken before dishing it back out within the Melta half range. In the most recent event, Mors Miles was detonated in 2/5 games due to this play style but it created opportunities to take the objectives or for other Titans in the battlegroup to get the kill shots while also claiming quite a few engine kills of his own. Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13. Princeps Senoris Agdex headed up a Ferrox Maniple deployed to Enterigar III from the helm of his assault Reaver - Mors Miles. An aggressiv

Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Maniple Pics

G'day g'day, I've been slowly chipping away at some more Titans and I'm starting to get a decent Maniple of engines on the go now so I thought it was a good time to update the blog! Thanks for checking in, Jackie Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Battlegroup Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefur