Skip to main content

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think!

House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion



House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion


House Makabius
House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion



Comments

stats said…
This is a bomb! The brass is beautiful. Have you used the "tamiya-metal" technique for the blue? It is fantastic!
NafNaf said…
Pure awesome mate, pure awesome!......nuff said :)
Mordian7th said…
Absolutely spectacular, man! I love how that turned out!
RED SCORPS said…
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback and the love! I need a break now, haha.

Stats mate, yep, I don't know if you saw it but I gave the process in the previous comment section.

Thanks again guys
Jack
Col. Hertford said…
Great seeing this done! Really worth the pain posing it well!
Joe B said…
Fantasic work on it Jack! The base color really helps make that blue pop as well and it was fun watching all your hard work come together into this beauty
Greg Hess said…
Gob smacked. Such amazing work. I missed this! Will catch up on the back posts. I love the base color, might be looting that for my deathguard!

Btw, if you aren't linked on natfka, it's a great way to increase your blog exposure!

Email to Join the Faeit 212 Blog Exchange

natfka@live.com
Luke Morton said…
Amazing may I ask what the size of your base is ? :)
Goddenzilla said…
Gorgeous Knight - love the stud work!

Popular posts from this blog

Horus Heresy Event Pics - Skulls October 2018

Hey my dudes,

I played at our bi-anually held 'Skulls' Heresy event on the weekend, I didn't get a whole heap of pictures as I always seemed to go full time in my games while we rolled dice and had a good fun bit of banter. It was the most low key iteration of this event I've been to so far, players were largely allowed to choose their game style, points level and table theme and just get after it each round.


I ended up playing a great 1500pt opening game against one of the young bloods, Pat. He was running Iron Hands and the scenario basically had my forces ambushed and deployed in a random fashion with a D6 sending them to one of six 24" squares. I managed to intercept a few things at the right time to give me some breathing room but I had a really hard time hurting his troops and walkers with the -1 to the shooting strength of my weapons. I ended up running away with the victory though in the end, having so many troops who were able to capture the objectives on…

Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Warhounds WIP

Ayo,Put a pin in the painting of the Warlord and Reavers to get these two built up so I can catch them up to the batch before I got too far ahead.There's a dude on Instagram called the Polysmith, I don't know if they blog or not but the converted 28mm Warhound they did just Knicks the posing right out of the park, it's by far the best Titan I've seen pose wise.I took heavy inspiration for the converted AT Warhound I've done from their works, it required cutting both legs into three sections, compressing one as much as possible and extending the other out to pretty well straight. I had to rebuild the pistons front and rear on the extended leg which leads into the feet, they were also pretty extensively modified, I drilled the pins out of each of the toes, trimmed them back and reposed them on a new pin made from styrene rod. I then remade the toe pistons with more styrene and some thin wire.I'm stoked on the pose, it really looks like it's on the go and whil…