Skip to main content

Hive Fleet Behemoth, Mucolid Spore Conversion.

I had the little bobble head of the Mucolid staring at me as I clipped the Tyrannocyte bits and pieces from the sprue, I wanted to build one (15pts for a troop, so sweet! Gimme more MC's) but I wasn't going to go to the effort that some others have of GS'ing tentacles from scratch or acquiring bits I didn't already have just to build it.

I robbed one of the support tentacles from the Tyrannocytes requirements and re-jigged the lower outer tentacle configuration of the giant egg so I could still fill the empty socket with one of the auxiliary non-support tentacles.

Having also built the Harpy this weekend gone, it jumped at me that the Tentaclids left over from the Crone components of the kit had some sweet little trailing tentacles with the same aesthetic as the Tyrannocyte tentacles.

Mounting the Mucolid dome on the #47 tentacle I robbed, I cut down the Tentaclids, glued them in and GS'd a bit of detail to join them in to the rest of the model. The blank circles I am going to leave and paint up for a bit of detail, they should look pretty good with paint on. All in all, pretty happy, it was an easy conversion and got the Mucolid on the table with little fuss.

Also, why the shit is all of the new Tyranid range so damn huge?! It makes the old big stuff like Carnifexes and Hive Tyrants look puny.



Popular posts from this blog

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think!

Horus Heresy Event Pics - Skulls October 2018

Hey my dudes,

I played at our bi-anually held 'Skulls' Heresy event on the weekend, I didn't get a whole heap of pictures as I always seemed to go full time in my games while we rolled dice and had a good fun bit of banter. It was the most low key iteration of this event I've been to so far, players were largely allowed to choose their game style, points level and table theme and just get after it each round.

I ended up playing a great 1500pt opening game against one of the young bloods, Pat. He was running Iron Hands and the scenario basically had my forces ambushed and deployed in a random fashion with a D6 sending them to one of six 24" squares. I managed to intercept a few things at the right time to give me some breathing room but I had a really hard time hurting his troops and walkers with the -1 to the shooting strength of my weapons. I ended up running away with the victory though in the end, having so many troops who were able to capture the objectives on…

Gaslands Tabletop Game - Hot Wheels Conversion 1 WIP

Hey Dudes,
Gaslands, a post-apocalyptic car combat miniatures game where you take Hot Wheels, or Matchbox 1/64 scale toy cars and convert/paint them up for the theme. I heard about it on the Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast and checked out a bit of the action on Instagram and was really blown away by the concept and the review the boys gave the game. I bought the rules and had a read through and I loved the template style movement, the gear sections which are like phases for each round are a really cool system and the combat seems good. 
I got this monster truck and maybe 10 cars, I didn't want to go too hardcore on the guns and shit just yet, I also figure a monster truck should probably be about ripping around running shit down and doing jumps so I've gone with extra armour and maybe a few hidden upgrades like nitrous. I'll paint two teams up and get a battlefield terrain setup done so I can try and convince my mates to get into it and see where it goes.
As the Secret Cabal …