Skip to main content

Commission Piece - Building a Reaver Titan

Ahoy,

I've been commissioned by a local lad to build and pose his Reaver Titan. I put the call out to the local community to see if anyone had a big project for me to work on, he'd seen my knights and felt confident to trust me with such a big dollar piece. We kicked around a few ideas for poses and he wanted to get the big unit to look like it was throwing a punch without making it look stupid if he went to dual ranged weapons as well. It's taken a fair bit of cutting and test fitting to get the pose that I'm happy with which I feel really conveys movement and gives the idea of a boxers jab, but can also look as though it's turning to fire on new targets when running both guns. The kit wasn't happy to go to some of these angles so I've had to shave a fair bit down in some spots and space others with plasticard(waist, arm, head). I'll be rebuilding some of the sections with green stuff to add detail back in and hide some of the joins. The head for example I've taken it to an angle to follow the jab that goes beyond the cables that cover the ball joint so I'm going to have to cut those out and replace them with greenstuff cabling to go the extra distance, the gaps bigger too because I had to cut some of the depth of armour away from the back of the head to get more angle.

Anyway a couple photos, I'm stoked with the silhouette and will be sad to see this beauty go when I'm done! It's been a fun experience though, here's hoping I can afford one for myself some day.



Cheers boyos
Jackie

Comments

Agis said…
Love the legs. Must be one of the most life like stances I have seen on this kit. Will you also be painting it or is it just build? Hope you get to do your own titan one day. With the quality of your knights I think it would be great.
Siph_Horridus said…
Sweet pose, great punching stance!
Thanks mates! Agis, I don't get to do the paint sadly, he wants to do that himself so once I get everything built he'll be picked up. Fingers crossed I can get one at some stage, reminds me I've gotta check in on your Warlord!!
John Stiening said…
It looks so strange with the leg armor missing!
40kaddict said…
That's really impressive, that dynamism is definitely there. As John says without the leg armour it looks weird, but I actually think all these big walkers look alright without them, some even better. But it's just a bit odd and it'll no doubt look awesome with them in place.

Popular posts from this blog

Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13.

Next up, the Princeps Senoris of my favourite maniple style in the game, the Ferrox! Princeps Senoris Agdex is a lead from the front type homie. He has a flair for destruction and more often than not, his Assault Reaver Titan - Mors Miles isn't spared from copping it either. I play Mors Miles and it's matching counterpart Atro Messorum quite aggressively, often pushing the two up together then rotating the lead titan so they can share the damage taken before dishing it back out within the Melta half range. In the most recent event, Mors Miles was detonated in 2/5 games due to this play style but it created opportunities to take the objectives or for other Titans in the battlegroup to get the kill shots while also claiming quite a few engine kills of his own. Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13. Princeps Senoris Agdex headed up a Ferrox Maniple deployed to Enterigar III from the helm of his assault Reaver - Mors Miles. An aggressiv

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think! House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion

Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Maniple Pics

G'day g'day, I've been slowly chipping away at some more Titans and I'm starting to get a decent Maniple of engines on the go now so I thought it was a good time to update the blog! Thanks for checking in, Jackie Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Battlegroup Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefur