Skip to main content

Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Warhounds WIP

Ayo,

Put a pin in the painting of the Warlord and Reavers to get these two built up so I can catch them up to the batch before I got too far ahead.

There's a dude on Instagram called the Polysmith, I don't know if they blog or not but the converted 28mm Warhound they did just Knicks the posing right out of the park, it's by far the best Titan I've seen pose wise.

I took heavy inspiration for the converted AT Warhound I've done from their works, it required cutting both legs into three sections, compressing one as much as possible and extending the other out to pretty well straight. I had to rebuild the pistons front and rear on the extended leg which leads into the feet, they were also pretty extensively modified, I drilled the pins out of each of the toes, trimmed them back and reposed them on a new pin made from styrene rod. I then remade the toe pistons with more styrene and some thin wire.

I'm stoked on the pose, it really looks like it's on the go and while I'm yet to play a game, I can see these guys flanking the bigger dogs at full speed and causing some mayhem.


The other one I pretty much built standard from the sprue, I did cut the hip pegs off to change the angle of the legs but otherwise it's standard. To compensate for the comparative lack of effort I jazzed up the base with a Solar Aux Leman Russ Incinerator.

On the subject of Warhounds, I used the back of the spare Warlord head to make a mount for the top of the Reaver and magnetised it so I can run the Warhound Weapons upside down, the Vulcan MegaBolters look a bit daft but the Turbo Laser and the Plasma Blasting look pretty legit. It's nice to have some options anyway and I can't wait to get a game in to try them out.

Thanks for checking in,

Jackie

Comments

XarfaiEngel said…
Wow that pose is amazing! Really quite dynamic in the best sense.
Great stuff! The posing works really well to give some dynamic movement to the model.

Popular posts from this blog

Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13.

Next up, the Princeps Senoris of my favourite maniple style in the game, the Ferrox! Princeps Senoris Agdex is a lead from the front type homie. He has a flair for destruction and more often than not, his Assault Reaver Titan - Mors Miles isn't spared from copping it either. I play Mors Miles and it's matching counterpart Atro Messorum quite aggressively, often pushing the two up together then rotating the lead titan so they can share the damage taken before dishing it back out within the Melta half range. In the most recent event, Mors Miles was detonated in 2/5 games due to this play style but it created opportunities to take the objectives or for other Titans in the battlegroup to get the kill shots while also claiming quite a few engine kills of his own. Mors Miles - The Death Knight - Legio Vulpa Maniple 13. Princeps Senoris Agdex headed up a Ferrox Maniple deployed to Enterigar III from the helm of his assault Reaver - Mors Miles. An aggressiv

Acastus Knight Porphyrion COMPLETED!!!!!

Acacstus Knight Porhpyrion, easily the biggest and most complex kit build and paint job I have ever done for a gaming miniature. I'm really happy with the result but the 60 hrs I spent on getting it finished kinda baked my noodle. I have no idea how the titan painters get through it! Anyway here are some studio shots, let me know what you think! House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion House Makabius - Acastus Knight Porphyrion

Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Maniple Pics

G'day g'day, I've been slowly chipping away at some more Titans and I'm starting to get a decent Maniple of engines on the go now so I thought it was a good time to update the blog! Thanks for checking in, Jackie Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Vulpa Battlegroup Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Nuntio Dolores Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warlord Titan - Perditor Votum Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Canis Callidus Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Warhound Titan - Potentia Solis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefuro Ignis Legio Vulpa Reaver Titan - Praefur